Join us at the BDSRA’s 2017 Family Conference July 6th – 9th at the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown
Registration is live! We can’t wait to see you this summer. Register Today.
About the Conference
The BDSRA’s signature event each year is our family conference. Last year over 450 family members, children, and researchers attended to learn about patient care, education, and the latest research. As in years past, you’ll have access to experts sharing research posters and helping to answer questions, connect with other parents, and attend sessions while medical care is provided for your child, and of course, the SIB program’s outings and sessions are always great fun! There is no registration fee to attend the conference; however, you must be registered no later than May 28, 2017 to be guaranteed a conference t-shirt.
Please view our tentative agenda, “like” the 2017 BDSRA Conference Facebook page for ongoing conference updates and you may reach out to Tracy Kirby with any questions, email@example.com or 614-973-6013. The Pittsburgh Visitor’s Bureau is a great place to explore all that the city has to offer!
These stipends are available thanks to generous donors who want to be sure that families who need financial support are able to attend the conference. Please contact Tracy Kirby at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-973-6013 for more information
If you would like to be a conference sponsor please click here
Please contact the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown Hotel directly to make your reservation. A room block and conference rate ($129.00 + applicable tax) are available July 5-9 if you book before June 12, 2017. Complimentary wifi is included with your reservation.
- Online reservations: Book at room at the discounted rate online
- Make a reservation by phone: Call 412-391-4600 and be sure to mention the Batten Disease Support and Research Association to get the discounted rate of $129 per night.
- ADA accessible rooms: Booking an ADA accessible room or suite must be done by calling the Wyndham Grand In House Reservations at 412-560-1753.
Below are a list of different transportation options to consider, transportation to and from the airport is at the attendees own expense.
- Pittsburgh Accessibility Guide: https://www.visitpittsburgh.com/plan-your-trip/accessibility-guide/
- Airport: Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh hotel is located approximately 18 miles from Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT), 1000 Airport Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15231.
- Ground Transportation:
- Super Shuttle: An airport shuttle service that is available with advance reservations, SuperShuttle is committed to providing exceptional guest service for customers with disabilities, including those who use wheelchairs or are accompanied by service animals. Toll-free: 800.BLUE.VAN or 800.258.3826.
- Taxi Options (both have ADA accessible vehicles):One-way transportation to/from the airport to the Wyndham Grand is approximately $40.00 -$45.00.
- Yellow Cab Company: Pittsburgh’s largest taxi company, Yellow Cab operates over 300 taxicabs throughout Pittsburgh and the surrounding communities. Service is available 24/7 and may also be reached by phone at 412.321.8100.
- VETaxi: Vetaxi offers the MV1 a Universal Designed Accessible Transportation Vehicle that can take you to and from the airport and all around town! Veteran driven, VETaxi has an APP to download on Google Play and itunes. Go to VETaxi and watch where your taxi is as it picks you up. 412.481.8387
- UBER and Lyft: Both companies are recognized and allowed at PIT airport. The airport has a designated pick up location for these transfers.
- Parking Options: Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown hotel costs $22.00 for day parking and $30.00 for overnight parking. For over-sized vehicles the cost is $45.00 per night.
- Other parking garages near the hotel maybe be a cheaper rate than the hotel parking. Visit this link to see which parking garages are available and their current rates: http://parkpgh.org/
- Closest Parking facilities to the Wyndham Grand are:
- Gateway Parking
- Stanwix Parking
- Post-Gazette outdoor parking lot